The kitchen is a room of your home you spend time in each and every day; there’s no denying it, especially when you have a fresh, newly completed Signature Kitchen! Try out these ten tips for making the time you spend here even better.
1. Think about your old kitchen. Take a moment to think about your old kitchen. Think about what you liked and disliked about where things were kept. Were you able to find what you needed when you needed it? Make a list of things you use on a daily basis.
2. Communicate with Signature. Even after your initial meeting, continue communicating with the Signature Kitchen staff about how you envision your space. Let us know if you’ve found any additional inspiration spaces or other requests arise.
3. Go through your kitchen items. While our teams work on creating your dream kitchen, take this time to be proactive. Go through all of the items that were in your kitchen and weed out things like expired food, cracked or broken items, and things you haven’t touched in six or more months. This will help set you up for organizational success once the project is completed.
4. Keep an eye on the space. As we work, we will provide project updates as we go through out project list. Use these checkpoints in your organization process:
• Flooring is being laid – Take a look at your cleaning products and process. Throw away and products you don’t use and make a plan for regular cleaning of your kitchen space (and beyond).
• Cabinets are installed – Put together your boxes of pots, pans, silverware, smaller appliances, and other kitchen items and plan out where you intend to store your items.
• Appliances have been delivered – Take this time to go through your recipes, cookbooks, and kitchen notes. Remove anything you don’t use or could live without. Plan a space for storing these.
5. Settle in. Once your space is complete, there’s no need to rush into moving everything back in. Take your time and be sure that nothing goes back into the space that you don’t or won’t use.
Even though our crews put the Signature spin on your space, it’s your home and it needs to function as a space in your life. So put your own signature on it and let us know what we can do to be of assistance by calling (772) 234-0155.